Cord Blood Banking FAQs
What is Cord Blood Banking?
What are the cord blood banking options?
- Platinum Service – also known as Whole cord blood storage and it involves storing the whole umbilical cord blood sample which captures all cell types present in the cord blood. Learn more >>
- Gold Service – also known as Volume-reduced cord blood storage which is similar to what many other cord blood storage providers in the Middle East offer, but using a different and more advanced cell processing technology called the AXP. Learn more >>
- Cord Tissue – the piece of umbilical cord can also be preserved in addition with the cord blood sample. This service is available as an add-on service for both Platinum Service and Gold Service. Learn more >>
What payment options are available?
How does cord blood banking work?
- Review, follow-up and sign the Storage Agreement.
- Pay the initial deposit and collect your Cells4Life cord blood kit.
- Advise your doctor/midwife that you want to collect your baby’s cord blood.
- Bring your cord blood kit to the hospital on the day of your delivery.
- Once the doctor/midwife is done collecting the cord blood sample call your Cells4Life representative.
- The Cells4Life representative will help you book for courier pick up.
- Once the cord blood sample reaches the lab, it will be processed immediately.
- After 2-3 days, you will receive a report of the initial cord blood sample testing via SMS & email.
- After 4-6 weeks, your official Testing Certificate, detailing the full results of cord blood sample testing will be sent to you.
- Your cord blood sample will remain at the Cells4Life storage labs in the UK until require for use.
* You will receive email update once a month about the latest stem cell news and other valuable information.
How long can I store my baby’s cord blood sample?
We offer 20, 25 and 30 years storage plan for all cord blood banking services >>
Find out how long you should save your baby’s cord blood sample >>
Find out what you should do after your cord blood storage term is finished >>
Existing Cells4Life customers who signed up for 20 or 25 years can now extend their storage for 5 more years! Learn more >>